The last 24 hours has been particularly productive.
1. I painted a canvas as a present as a gift for a wonderful friend of mine. It’s based on Proverbs 31 (the verses are from the passage about being a woman of noble character), and as I painted it for someone who embodies that passage more than most, it seemed to be fitting. 🙂
2. I baked a cake with my fake little sister. ‘Ain’t nobody got time for that!’ (Does anybody get the reference?!)
3. We ate said beautifully iced cake.
4. And went to the most fabulous Dores Inn for our Saturday breakfast treat.
5. I handed in my justice essay. What a relief for it to finally be submitted. What a lot still to put into application in my life!
6. I cleaned my car. Oh yes, for those of you who are subjected to my dog-hair-covered-car on a regular basis… Your life has just improved ten-fold!
6. And this is MOST exciting! I booked my flights for the summer! Like, they are BOOKED!! 6 weeks, 3rd July – 14th August, booked! BOOM! (Better get the Japanese practice increased!!)
It’s mad to believe that this time next week I will be in London, speaking at the NextGen conference for OMF (remember you can still book at nextgen.omf.com), and preparing to fly to IHOP on the Sunday. It’s mad to think that before I go to London I still have to make hand outs, finish up at work, write some material for another university and generally remember the practicalities of getting dollars, putting my car in for an MOT and packing. But it’s not mad to think about all God is doing and be thankful for productive days where things get done, and work happens from rest, and He is the calm and peace that quiets my busy heart.
So, I’m excited. I’m focused. And I’m thankful.
To the One who sits upon the throne, be blessing and honour and glory and power forever.