… You realise Tesco knows you better than you know yourself! 🙂
This actually made me LOL. For those who need some clarity, my top-brought products from my weekly shop include (in no particular order)…
1. Pretzels fresh from the bakery (true dat!)
2. Yop (which I know is paramount to confessing I have the diet of a teenager!)
3. Aussie shampoo
4. Aunt Bessie’s potato croquettes (mine and Becca’s household guilty pleasure!)
5. Crispy, spicy, southern fried chicken
6. Cooking sauce
7. Andrex aloe vera toilet tissue (that’s because we brought in super-bulk on the last shop!)
8. Hula hoops sharing bag (at least I share?!!)
9. Smoked bavarian cheese with ham…
10… And continental meat (yes, Finlayson family… That one is your fault!!)
But where Tesco, are the chocolate limes? Where is the earl grey? Where is the chocolate cereal?! Do you not know me at all?!
To be fair Tesco did a stalkerishly good job of providing for my needs, and it definitely worked in making me feel like a valued and treasured customer… (Haha… Well maybe… I first had a brief moment of thinking Mr Tesco was a bit of a creeper!)
But it also reminded me of how much more intimately my Heavenly Father knows me and provides for all my needs, knowing them before I even ask.
Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your Heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? (Matthew 6)
And even the very hairs in your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. (Matthew 10)
And in that simple truth, my heart is strengthened and my spirit enriched.
He knows me.
He has memorised me.
Nothing is hidden from His sight or outside of His care.
He doesn’t miss a tiny-split-second of my life.
And He’s my Daddy, my Abba.
The perfect provider.
And He’s SO SO good! 🙂