So, I’m loving this award that’s going around at the moment, and thanks so much to http://hopebloomsindarkness.com for nominating me (who you should all follow by the way, because this girl’s blog/testimony/everything is just really, REALLY inspirational, God-focused and one you should read!!)
In fact, I do also have to thank the many people who read my blog. I realised that since I started writing ‘a blog a day for 2013’ I have had over 4000 views from over 30 countries. I simply started this blog to keep my prayer partners, family and friends updated, and to help me process this journey of healing and restoration that God has me on, but I’ve loved the connections and blessings that have surprised me through it.
I have to follow some rules governing this blog award. Those who will be nominated must also follow such rules.
Here they are:
First is to accept the award, post the picture of the Liebster Award on the top of post and say who nominated you for the award and list their blog site.
Rule number 1 is to list 11 random facts about me.
Rule number 2 is to nominate 11 other bloggers for the Liebster Award and list their blogsites.
Rule number 3 is to notify the bloggers of their award.
Rule number 4 is to ask the award winners 11 questions to answer when they accept their Liebster Award.
Rule number 5 is to answer the questions left for me by the blogger.
Ok so 11 whole facts about me…… (don’t get bored now!)
1. I love Jesus a whole lot.
2. I think I might actually be addicted to Earl Grey tea. Especially London Fogs.
3. I have a very eclectic fashion sense that includes yellow tights, carpet pattern clothes and bright-bright colours.
4. I play quite a few instruments, and own a baby grand piano, a Taylor guitar, and a glockenspiel (to name but a few…)
5. I have slightly crazy, slightly frizzy, reddish hair. ‘Prayer hair’ is the term that refers to what my hair looks like when I wake up early to spend time with God.
6. I have a scar on my back that I got from falling through a skylight on a church roof when I was 11 years old. Don’t ask.
7. I love to paint pictures. Normally with acrylic. Always inspired by Scripture.
8. I don’t really like wearing shoes, and never would if it was socially acceptable to do so. I think this is a throw-back to growing up on the beach.
9. I’m a geek. I love writing essays, reading theory, and challenging my brain to keep thinking and searching and discovering.
10. I speak Japanese very badly. But I am desperately trying and working hard to get better before I go to Japan in 8 weeks and have to use my bad Japanese in public scenarios. Embarrassing moments are coming.
11. I’m not the best driver in the world. Although I might be the most persistent. It took me 7 times to pass my driving test, and I have consistently knocked down a wall every year since. Oops.
Blogs I’m nominating….
Here are my answers to the questions set for me….
1. What is the most memorable event in your life?
Being 8 years old and receiving Holy Spirit for the first time. It marked me in a way that meant I was never, ever the same ever again.
2. Why did you join WordPress?
Because I wanted to keep my prayer partners, friends and family updated on my journeys and travels this year and give testimony to the goodness of a Mighty God.
3. What is your main Goal in Life?
To fall more in love with Jesus every moment of every day of my life, and to love Him with all my soul, heart, mind and strength. For that to overflow into the love I have for others.
4. Where would you want to travel the most in the world and why?
Japan. And around East Asia. Because so many people need to hear about Jesus and I want to be one who has beautiful feet.
5. What is one of the worst experiences you’ve ever undergone and how did you learn from it?
Hopebloomsindarkness, I’m going to quote yours word-for-word because it’s true for me too, ‘being in an abusive/controlling relationship. I learnt that good men are worth holding out for even if it means you end up on your own’. But I also learnt that Abba can heal, restore and redeem in beautiful ways. I know Him as Healer because I experienced Him as Healer.
6. If you had 3 wishes that you could get answered instantly what would you wish for and why?
To have an evening with all my best friends in one place. For someone to make me a huge chocolate cake and deliver it to my front door. For a magical cleaning fairy to clean the steak pan from dinner tonight.
7. Do you believe in God?
8. What leisure do you enjoy most?
Painting. Music. Drinking tea. I just can’t choose. To leave one out would be unfair.
9. If you could teach me one life lesson, what would it be?
Love Jesus first. Always. And let everything fall into submission to that beautiful, foundational, truth.
10. Name one thing you do every day that without it your day would feel incomplete.
Starting the day off by spending quality time with God.
11. What one thing you would change about/in the world if you had the power to do it.
I would fight for justice for the oppressed and the neglected and the forgotten, whose voices are not normally heard.