Ok. It's getting late and we only just got back to our flat after a day jam-packed full of happy activities. So get ready for more photos and a distinct lack of profound words… 😉
In chronological order, today, as a wonderfully blessed and great day, has consisted of:
1. Some awesome and precious quality time with God. I was reading Ephesians this morning and listening to some Luke Wood worship… Which really caused my heart to fill to bursting thankfulness. And deep peace. I guess after some of my emotions yesterday, there was just something very powerful about coming to sit before Jesus, singing to Him, speaking to Him and loving Him. And realising that in that place all of his promises are true and trustworthy.
2. Getting an email from my homestay Mum (just as my prayer time finished!) with arrangements for my welcome lunch on Tuesday. Yep. I'm being taken out to meet all her friends and generally be shown around Sapporo on my first full day in the city. So lovely, so precious, and there was something that brought a real joy to my heart in the reality of having plans for… This Tuesday. Please pray that I can be a blessing in and to this house for the months I live there.
3. A couple of hours of facial/massage/treatment time at a local beauty spa. Yep. This was my birthday present to Becca. Yep. She actually endured all of the spa-time. Yep. This now fills her quota of human contact for the next 10 years. I was super proud! And I am now super relaxed. There's a really funny quote I want to insert here…. But now's probably not the time… 😉
4. My wonderful friend Jo joining us for her first Japanese lunch. And then tea and cake in the cafe that Harry Potter was written in. In fact, this experience is better summed up photographically. Check out Jo's face eating bento. And Becca drinking green tea. Good job girls!!
5. Donna arriving, Andrea re-arriving (she has been joining us every night this week… ;), a dinnertime visit from my wonderful friend Sarah… And another meal out. Obviously. And some fun conversation, great time to catch up and generally have another wonderful evening. Becca and Donna singing might have literally been the icing on the cake.
I'm so blessed people! That's really all there is to say. These girls bless my socks off.